Bust My Size

Join me on my journey to lose over 170 lbs. and become a healthier person.

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Week 25 Weigh-in

Current Weight - 264.0
This week's loss - 1.8 lbs.
Total loss - 53.6 lbs.
Average calories per day - 2005
Treadmill - 4.32 miles in 1 1/2 hrs. over 3 days
Total calories burned this week according to Calories Per Hour - 583.

I'm happy to report that the gain from last week is gone and it took another pound with it! Woohoo!

I've set a new goal for myself... I have 18 more weigh-ins until Christmas, so I'd like to lose 24 lbs. in that time. Why 24 lbs.? Because it would make me no longer "morbidly obese", just "obese". It would bring my BMI down to 39.9 and from what I've read, 40-49.9 is "morbidly obese" and 30 - 39.9 is "obese". This would be an average of 1.3 lbs. per week and I think I can manage that.

20 days until school starts!

6 Comments:

  • At 11:27 AM, Blogger Kimberly said…

    Yessssssssssss! Awesome, Jen.

    Haha, your little school countdown is making me nervous because my son starts kindergarten this year. Yikes!

    I, too, long to be obese rather than morbidly obese. I absolutely think you can meet that goal, especially if you keep having weeks like this one. Let's just hope the holidays don't spoil all your hard work!

     
  • At 12:39 PM, Blogger Jen said…

    I'm not too worried about Thanksgiving screwing me up, but Halloween might be a little rocky. I *love* candy and have a difficult time resisting it. :-( I think we'll be giving out non-sugary stuff to the trick-or-treaters for that very reason!

    My oldest starts kindergarten this year too and she is soooo ready. My youngest, almost 4 years old, starts preschool a week later. :-)

     
  • At 3:36 PM, Blogger Kimberly said…

    I don't think I'll have trouble on Thanksgiving either, but Christmas, with all the candy and desserts and cookies my mom makes, I might have a little problem staying good then :)

     
  • At 5:28 AM, Blogger TitanThirteen said…

    How long is the school vacation there? Do you have a few?
    In Australia the kids have heaps of school holidays!
    6 weeks over Christmas,starting 2 days before Christmas eve, 2 weeks in April, 2 weeks in July and 2 weeks in September.

     
  • At 12:38 PM, Blogger FatMom said…

    Wow, Jen! You are an animal! Gooooo, Jen!!!!

     
  • At 4:24 PM, Blogger Jen said…

    Cactusfreek,

    Six weeks for Christmas? Wow! I guess that's your summer vacation, huh? In the US the school year typically starts the day after Labor Day which is the first Monday of September. We get 2 1/2 days off in November for Thanksgiving, and there's a Christmas break from Christmas Eve through New Years Day...sometimes a day or two longer depending on where the days fall. We also have a week off around March or April for Spring Break and the school year ends mid-June. There is also a day or two off here and there for various Federal holidays and Teacher workdays. There are a total of 180 school days in a year.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home