Bust My Size

Join me on my journey to lose over 170 lbs. and become a healthier person.

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

I've been bad :-(

Yesterday I totally went over my calorie limit by several hundred calories. I have such a hard time sometimes with refined sugar. Cookies and candy are so hard for me to resist.

Today is a new day, however, and I am really trying to get my head back in the right place. I pulled out my copy of SuperfoodsRx and am reading it again. I need to do more reading about nutrition as this helps to keep me focused.

I've started back up on the treadmill...30 minutes Sunday and another 60 minutes yesterday. Will try to do 60 minutes later today.

This morning for breakfast I had 1/2 cup of 100% blueberry juice mixed with 1/2 can of diet 7-up (now made with Splenda!) and a Quaker Oatmeal to Go bar. Now let me tell you something... When I think "Quaker Oats" I generally think of healthy foods. I was quite shocked to read that the second ingredient in the bar was high fructose corn syrup followed by brown sugar. Other ingredients near the top of the list were regular sugar and two partially hydrogenated (bad) oils followed by more corn syrup. Wow!!! I bought a big box of these at Sam's Club last week and I'm too cheap to throw them out. I'll finish the box but I definitely won't be buying any more!

1 Comments:

  • At 1:24 AM, Blogger TitanThirteen said…

    Sugar is my problem too. I don't know if you've ever read the food diary in the sidebar of my blog, but my sweet tooth is definatly my biggest enemy!!
    Throw those bars out or give them to some kids...go on,just do it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home