Bust My Size

Join me on my journey to lose over 170 lbs. and become a healthier person.

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Week 20 Weigh-in

Current Weight - 273.0
This week's loss - 0.8 lbs.
Total loss - 44.6 lbs.
Average calories per day - 1991
Treadmill - 12.72 miles in 4 1/2 hrs. over 5 days
Total calories burned this week according to Calories Per Hour - 1,786.

This has really been a roller coaster week with my eating. As I wrote before, I totally killed my diet Friday. In an effort to salvage my diet, I was really good Sat. - Tues., so my caloric average wasn't too bad.

The "no sweets" thing isn't so bad so I might just try to stick to it a while longer. It's almost as if I can feel the difference in my blood sugar. Weird, huh? It's like I feel calmer and don't have as many highs and lows.

I tried the whole wheat pizza crust recipe in my previous post and it was pretty good! I did increase the oil from 2 teaspoons to 1 tablespoon and added 1 tablespoon of honey. Since it was 100% whole wheat, I thought a bit of honey might help it rise better. I was able to get two 14" crusts out of one batch. I'll definitely be making that again! I'm also interested in trying the new Boboli 100% Whole Wheat crust, but at $3.99 suggested retail for just 1 crust, I'll probably make my home one (around $0.50 for 2) more often.

55 days til school starts!

7 Comments:

  • At 5:31 AM, Blogger TitanThirteen said…

    I have a real problem with sugar, I have to have a fix every day.
    But you talk about getting rid of those highs and lows and i'm curious, how long did you have to go with sugar for that to wear off?

     
  • At 11:57 AM, Blogger Lynn Dombrowski said…

    Yeah 55 days, right?

    That whole wheat pizza sounds yummy.

    Congrats on your loss.

    Wow almost 50 pounds!

    way to go.

     
  • At 12:56 PM, Blogger Jen said…

    Cactusfreek,

    I think I started noticing the difference on the second day. Now after almost a week it's like I feel really mellow. It's hard to describe.

    I've always had a big problem craving sugar, and when I had it, it would give me a rush. After an hour or so I'd feel really run down and have to have more sugar to bring me up again. Almost like a drug, you know?

    On the diet I'd have something sugary at night and I would have a hard time stopping it. The cycle would keep repeating itself until I managed to go to sleep which made it difficult to stay within my caloric limit.

     
  • At 1:07 PM, Blogger Jen said…

    Lynn,

    Yes! Well, now it's 53 days but who's counting? :-D

    The pizza is really awesome. I think I've nearly perfected the crust now. My last batch (yeah, we've been eating it a lot) I added about 1 1/2 teaspoons of garlic powder, upped the salt to a rounded teaspoon, and added about 1 tablespoon of Italian Seasoning. The extra seasonings give it a really nice flavor.

     
  • At 8:40 AM, Blogger TitanThirteen said…

    A result on the second day without sugar? That's awesome! I try to justify my sweet tooth by eating diet stuff, like Weight watchers ice-cream. But i still end up eating the whole darn lot! Now there's hope!
    Again my dear, you are an inspiration :o))

     
  • At 1:44 AM, Blogger FatMom said…

    Hi, Jen! First time reading your blog and it's quite enjoyable!! Congrats on your weight loss so far...doing great!!! Pizza crust sounds fab! I personally can't do white flour or sugar...those two things will set me up for a binge QUICK!

     
  • At 12:49 PM, Blogger Jen said…

    Sujaz,

    I do have fruit too. I couldn't go without that! LOL I just cut out as much refined sugar as possible.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home