Bust My Size

Join me on my journey to lose over 170 lbs. and become a healthier person.

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Weekly Weigh-in

Current Weight - 269.6
This week's loss - 3.4 lbs.
Total loss - 48.0 lbs.
Average calories per day - 1829
Treadmill - 5.77 miles in 2 hrs. over 3 days
Total calories burned this week according to Calories Per Hour - 800.

If only every week could be this good! After such a big loss this week I don't know if I can pull off another 2 lbs. next week, but I hope to reach 50 by my August 2nd weigh-in.

My caloric intake was excellent for most of the week. However, I didn't do so well on Thursday (1980) and Saturday (2170) so that brought up my daily average.

I've cut back on the treadmill some as I'm finding it more and more difficult to work in an hour a day with both kids home. Now I'm striving for 30 minutes a day, at least until school starts in 48 days!

Tonight I tried a new recipe. It was for something called Easy Mexican Chicken and Beans and it was really delicious. I used a larger can of corn than the recipe called for (15 oz.), and it was the plain kind without the peppers. I put 1/4 of the mixture on a whole wheat tortilla and topped it with 28 g of cheddar cheese for a total of 555 calories. Talk about filling! Holy cow! Might have something to do with the 9 g of fiber and 37 g of protein per serving. That recipe is definitely a keeper.

6 Comments:

  • At 11:17 PM, Blogger Lynn Dombrowski said…

    That's just awesome.

    Oh my gosh, TWO more pounds and you will have lost a total of 50 pounds!

    How awesome is that.

    I'm so happy for you.

     
  • At 12:30 AM, Blogger FatMom said…

    AWESOME!!! That is so great, Jen!! Wow! A real inspiration!! Question: do you use a digital food scale? That's going to be my first reward when I hit 20 pounds lost...any recommendations for a scale? AND, do you have the recipe you were talking about? BettyCrocker.com didn't have it. It would be so cool if you could post it?? :) THANKS, and again, congrats!!!

     
  • At 6:15 AM, Blogger Jen said…

    Lynn,

    Thank you so much! Looks like you had an incredible weigh-in too. 4.2! Wow!

     
  • At 6:25 AM, Blogger Jen said…

    Fatmom,

    Yes, I use a digital food scale. I have the Escali Penduline food scale which mounts on the wall. I use it for everything...meat, cereal, cheese, etc.

    For example, when I make a salad I put my salad dish on the scale and "zero it out" after each addition so I can weigh my next item on top of the others in the dish. Such a huge timesaver and worth every penny.

    I replaced the recipe link in my last post. It's the same recipe, just on a different site. If the link doesn't work for you, let me know and I'll just copy and paste it.

     
  • At 11:06 AM, Blogger Kim said…

    Holy moly!! That's fantastic!! You are going to make the 50 pound mark soon!!!!!!! :)

     
  • At 1:34 PM, Blogger FatMom said…

    Thanks for the scale recommendation, Jen! That scale sounds wonderful!! I'll check out the new link for the recipe, too!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home