Bust My Size

Join me on my journey to lose over 170 lbs. and become a healthier person.

Friday, August 18, 2006

Dinnertime!

Last night I made Cheesy Stuffed Shells and they were good! I really liked them, but my husband thought there was way too much spinach in them. Each stuffed shell plus a portion of sauce was only 100 calories. I had 5 shells and they were very filling.

Tonight we'll be having roast turkey breast and baked sweet potatoes. I have really been on a sweet potato kick lately. Growing up we'd have sweet potatoes around the holidays and they were the nasty canned type. Blech!!! Recently, however, I picked up a microwavable sweet potato (the kind shrink-wrapped in plastic) just to try and absolutely fell in love.

I think I'll try more of the food I hated as a kid: fish, seafood, green/red peppers, squash, etc. Maybe I'll like them too!

2 Comments:

  • At 11:30 AM, Blogger Kimberly said…

    Man those look GOOD!

    I think you just helped me with mini-goal #4.

    Sweet potatoes are excellent (if you're not on a low-carb plan!) and they're so good for you too. Lotsa fiber! And potassium I think.

    I'm glad you linked the recipe.

     
  • At 6:02 AM, Blogger TitanThirteen said…

    Those stuffed shells DO sound delish! I tried the link but it would work. If you still have the recipe, could you please send it to me at thecactuspatch@hotmail.com ? Pretty pleeaase?

    Too much spinach? No such thing!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home