Bust My Size

Join me on my journey to lose over 170 lbs. and become a healthier person.

Friday, March 23, 2007

Just plum good!

I remember having plums as a child, and at the time I thought they were okay. Not great, but tolerable. So last week when I went to Sam's for my weekly produce stop, and I noticed 4 lb. bags of plums for less than $5, I figured I'd give them another try. After trying them again, all I can say is, "Wow!"

Maybe my memory is failing me (we are talking over 25 years ago) or maybe these are a different variety, but holy crap! They're awesome! Almost like a fruit version of Sweet Tarts candy! They're sweet, sour, and tangy all at the same time. The ones I got were pretty firm so maybe they weren't ripe yet? I don't know why, but these are waaaaaay better than the ones my mother bought for me as a kid. I'm on my 3rd bag in 9 days! :-D

9 Comments:

  • At 4:42 PM, Blogger A BLOG NOT HERE said…

    Hi Jen :)

    I'm going through my list of blogs on my page and just had to stop and comment on this post.

    LOLOLOL I loved reading about your enthusiasm for those plums, honey!! :D

    I've been a plum fan since my Grampa used to give them to me in the summer as a treat when I was a little girl. He used to say, "I have a surprise for you" and then give me two plums as a treat. Yes, I DO think the reason yours were sweet, sour and tangy was because they weren't ripe yet. :)

    Enjoy the taste!!!!

    P.S. Now you have me wondering whether your digestive system will become more regular from all those plums. ;)

     
  • At 9:00 AM, Blogger Lilith said…

    plums are also chocked full of antioxidents so while making us *skinny* our skin will look good too!

     
  • At 4:11 PM, Blogger TitanThirteen said…

    Gee FB, Haven't seen you around for AGES!!!!

    I love plums too Jen. Maybe you didn't take to them so much as a kid because they weren't "Lolly" sweet, but natural sweet. Kids don't really dig natural sweet lol

     
  • At 2:43 PM, Blogger Kimberly said…

    Mmm, plums. My son got a plum with his school lunch last week and I was shocked. I never got plums with school lunch when I was a kid!

    Yeah, sounds like they weren't quite ripe yet, but if you liked them like that, you'll probably be in heaven when you taste them ripe!

     
  • At 10:38 AM, Blogger Jen said…

    FB,

    It's great to see you back! You know I'm very surprised I haven't suffered any ill effects from the huge quantity I've consumed. LOL Thanks for stopping by! :-)

     
  • At 10:39 AM, Blogger Jen said…

    lilith,

    Very true! At my age my skin can use all the help it can get! :-)

     
  • At 10:41 AM, Blogger Jen said…

    cactusfreek,

    That could be it. It's funny how our tastes change as we age.

     
  • At 10:43 AM, Blogger Jen said…

    kimberly,

    Thanks for stopping by! Haven't seen you in a while. :-) If they're this good not fully ripe, I can't wait to try them ripened!

     
  • At 9:53 PM, Blogger Foodie Girl said…

    I know what you mean. Whenever persimmons are in season, I go through a bunch. It reminds me of my childhood.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home