Bust My Size

Join me on my journey to lose over 170 lbs. and become a healthier person.

Thursday, March 08, 2007

Week 54 Weigh-In

Current weight - 230.6 lbs.
This week's loss - 3.2 lbs.
Total loss - 87.0 lbs.
Average Calories - 1807
Treadmill - Walked/Jogged 11.72 miles in 3 1/2 hours over 5 days burning 2,174 calories.

Oh, where to begin! First off, the last two weeks there were typos in my stats. I actually *lost* weight, not gained. I'm lazy and just "copy & paste" the stats portion of my posts and just plug in the new numbers. Unfortunately, I forgot to change that one word! LOL The actual numbers, however, were right. Serves me right for being lazy! :-)

With the exception of one day, my food went great this week. The only day that was a problem, was when DH brought home an extra bag of Oreos. :-( I asked him to go to the store to buy one bag for our oldest daughter to take to school for the class, and he bought two! When I asked him why, he said they were on sale. He knew that I have a hard time resisting that stuff and he still brought it home. Here it is nearly a week later, and I'm still pretty peeved about it. So, long story short, I had like 700 calories worth and blew my caloric intake for the day. Sometimes I think he's trying to undermine my efforts.

Here's an exciting little milestone I hit this week... In total, I need to lose 172.6 lbs. to reach my goal. I've now just passed the half-way point! Yipee! So far, 87 lbs. down and 85.6 lbs. to go! I hope to see a few more mini-milestones in the coming weeks. Next week I hope to see the 220's and then maybe the week later hit the 90 lb. mark?! It'll be tough, but I'm going to try!

So there you have it. I'm going to try to keep up with this blog a little more and update more than once a week. I know I've been slacking. :-)

Have a great day!

8 Comments:

  • At 8:05 AM, Blogger Kim said…

    WOOOHOOOO!! Congratulations!! You are really really amazing. Do you have a regular time when you work out on your treadmill? I REALLY need to adopt your discipline.

     
  • At 8:57 AM, Blogger Jen said…

    Thanks, Kim! My current treadmill schedule is M,W,F I do the Couch-to-5K program which is 30 minutes a day. On Tuesday and Thursday, I walk for 1 hour and watch tv shows on my laptop which is on a shelf right above the treadmill. There are certain tv shows I only watch while on the 'mill so that keeps me coming back! ;-)

     
  • At 10:51 AM, Blogger Kim said…

    Do you get up early before the kids and do it? Or in the evening? I never thought of setting up my laptop to watch a movie while I walked! DOH!

    I've heard so much about the couch to 5k that I think I may have to give it a try.

     
  • At 11:37 AM, Blogger Teresa said…

    Congrats! All that hard work is paying off.

     
  • At 1:20 PM, Blogger Jen said…

    The M, W, F workouts I get up and do before I get the kids ready for school. The Tuesday and Thursday workouts I do in the afternoon. I have a hard time getting up in the AM so those longer workouts have to be later in the day. :-)

    One thing that helps when I watch stuff on the laptop is having some external speakers. I don't know about your computer, but mine isn't very loud even when the volume is cranked. I got a cheapy pair of powered speakers which I plug into the headphone jack.

     
  • At 1:22 PM, Blogger Jen said…

    Thank you, Teresa! :-)

     
  • At 8:36 AM, Blogger TitanThirteen said…

    Yay, it'll be nice to see you around more :o)

    I can relate to that Oreo thing, because my husband does the same thing! He thinks he's doing a good thing, and doesn't understand why i'm not happy. Like a dog that brings his owner a ripped up newspaper lol

     
  • At 4:20 PM, Blogger SuMarie said…

    Great Job Jen! Keep up the great work!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home