Bust My Size

Join me on my journey to lose over 170 lbs. and become a healthier person.

Monday, February 12, 2007

Rambling Under the Influence (Cold Medicine)

Ugh...this diet thing just gets harder and harder. If you've been following this blog for the past few months, then you'll know that I've been having a tough time since the holidays. I swear I just can't get back into the swing of things no matter how hard I try! Just when I think I'm back on track, I get derailed again!

Lately I've been digging around inside my head trying to figure out what is different than before. What I've been able to come up with is that I've been doing this thing for almost a year and I'm not even half way done. At this rate it will take, at the minimum, another year and a half to reach my goal. Just thinking about how far I still have to go makes me tired.

More thoughts rattling around up there are... "Wow! I've lost over 80 lbs. and I feel great! Why continue to suffer with food restrictions? Why not stop right now?" Logically, I know I need to keep going. Psychologically, I'm just drained...spent...done.

I know I can't give up. Yet every day this week I've been fighting a losing battle. Maybe I need to find a new hobby to keep my mind off of food? If only I could recapture that spark, that intense drive to lose weight that I had just one year ago. I know I'm going to gain this week which makes me want to just say "screw it!" and dig into a bowl of M&M's. Ugh! I need a nap. :-(

6 Comments:

  • At 8:45 PM, Blogger Kim said…

    It's funny that you should say this. I think that you are doing AMAZING! I've been at this about a year and haven't managed to lose half the weight that you have. Each week when you post a loss, big or small, I marvel at your success. I know that getting to goal still seems a long way off, but you can't give up. You've worked to hard to not see it thorugh. Take care of yourself and feel better soon!!

     
  • At 9:04 PM, Blogger SuMarie said…

    Perhaps you could acquire a personal trainer? You can get one at the YMCA for a decent amount. Ask for one that is going to hold you accountable. It might help. And I agree with Kim. You are truly amazing. I wish I were in your shoes. I hope one day I will be. Where you're at may be far away from the goal, but just think about how much further you were last year!

     
  • At 4:24 AM, Blogger Healthy Mummy said…

    Don't think of how far you have to go. When I think of how much more weight I have to lose I just get overwhelmed. Take it one pound at a time and enjoy how much healthier you are feeling now than when you started. Keep going you are inspiring me.

     
  • At 7:04 AM, Blogger TitanThirteen said…

    I wish i had that spark back after just a day!!!
    80lbs is awesome! Do you have heaps more energy?
    Maybe you could weigh up on paper, the benefits of continuing to lose weight, and the reasons why you could be happy the way you are.
    Doing things physicaly rather than just in your head can really help :o)

     
  • At 5:19 PM, Blogger Dee said…

    I'm right there with you, finding it really hard to make much progress. The only thing I can say is that you're come a long way, imagine what weight you might be at had you not changed your lifestyle a year ago!

     
  • At 12:17 PM, Blogger BigAssBelle said…

    Psychologically, I'm just drained...spent...done. . . .

    I know exactly how you feel. 100 pounds gone and I just can't get very motivated to go on. Right this minute, I'm really focusing on just maintaining this. When I read the book "Thin for Life," a lot of the people who start out with ++++++ weight to lose do it in stages.

    I don't think there's anything wrong with that. It's just scary because generally I assume if I'm not going down, I'm going up.

    I think the perpetual effort to try to lose weight is draining and it just gets tiresome.

    I also feel not so bad at this weight. Pretty kickass, really. So there's not any real motivation in that regard. Happy relationship, so the get thin and pretty thing isn't a motivator. I know it's necessary for health but I'm SO much better than I was when I started, that's not even a real kick in the pants.

    I don't know where motivation comes from. I just have to seize it when it does.

    I've thought of setting a target date and not even trying to lose in the meantime, planning to start anew then and just maintain in the meantime.

    I don't know. Complex, difficult, Hard to figure out, this whole deal is all of that and more.

    Wishing you well, hope you're feeling frisky and fabulous this morning, as befits a woman who has done this for 52 freakin weeks and has lost a whole pile of weight.

    hugs, lynette

     

Post a Comment

<< Home