Bust My Size

Join me on my journey to lose over 170 lbs. and become a healthier person.

Thursday, February 08, 2007

Week 50 Weigh-In

Current weight - 234.6 lbs.
This week's loss - 1.2 lbs.
Total loss - 83.0 lbs.
Average calories per day - 2135
Treadmill - 5.31 miles in 1 1/2 hours over 3 days burning 1,003 calories (according to my Polar HRM).

I was pretty good for most of the week, but Thursday I had 2900 calories which screwed up my daily average. Even with the minor slip, I still lost a little over a pound! Woohoo! :-) Hopefully that doesn't catch up with me on my next weigh-in. :-/

I'm still working on Week 4 of the C25K and it looks like it will be at least another week or two before I can move on to Week 5. For some reason I'm having a harder time with it than I did in the fall when I was even heavier. Not sure why. My heartrate has frequently been hitting 160+ bpm which is too high for me. I swear I can tell the second it hits 160 because I'll start to feel kind of ill (achy lungs and chest) and I'll look at the monitor and see 160 - 161 bpm every single time. As a result, I feel I need to stay at my current level until I consistently stay under 150 bpm. The 5K I'm hoping to run isn't until November so I still have plenty of time to train.

I just started watching the first episode of Australia's Biggest Loser and I'm at the point where they're in the room with all of the food. In there they had something I'd never heard of and had to look up...Fairy Bread. I'm sorry, my dear Aussie friends, but isn't it a little weird to put cake/cookie decorations on top of buttered bread??? First Vegemite, then Kanga Bangers, and now this! LOL What will you guys think of next? :-D

4 Comments:

  • At 6:56 PM, Blogger TitanThirteen said…

    Gee, we've had fairy bread as kids for as long as i can remember![My mum had a picture of it in a 60's-70's cookbook] My kids love it too. When my husband is a smartass to me, i threaten to put fairy bread sandwiches in his work lunch box lol
    It's a cheap and easy kids party snack and a nice "sometimes" treat for the kids school lunches.
    Try it at the next kids party, i promise it'll be a big hit! :o)

    And yea, Kanga bangers..eewwww
    But what's wrong with vegemite? It puts a rose in every cheek lol

    AUSIE AUSIE AUSIE, OI OI OI!

     
  • At 6:57 PM, Blogger TitanThirteen said…

    AUSSIE, not AUSIE ppfffft Gimme a break, i just woke up. You're the very first person to get my attention this morning, even though my husband is sitting right next to me playing "Warcraft" on his PC!

     
  • At 4:08 PM, Blogger SuMarie said…

    Great job on the loss. Keep after it. You are doing wonderful and will be more than ready for that run in November. Good for you!

     
  • At 5:08 PM, Blogger BigAssBelle said…

    fairy bread? with frosting? sounds alright to me. anything with sugar :-)

    congrats on the loss. i've noticed variation in my heart rate depending on time of day, hydration, and whether or not i've eaten starches.

    weird. the whole thing is weird. happy to hear you're doing well.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home