Bust My Size

Join me on my journey to lose over 170 lbs. and become a healthier person.

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Week 53 Weigh-In

Current weight - 233.8 lbs.
This week's gain - 1.4 lbs. (Edit: This was a loss, not gain! Oops!)
Total loss - 83.8 lbs.
Average Calories - 1978
Treadmill - Walked/Jogged 10.95 miles in 3 1/4 hours over 5 days burning 1,986 calories.

Thank you guys for your wonderful comments on my last post. They mean so much to me. :-) Although I'm not back 100% yet, the past two days have been good. Sunday night I pulled out my old food diaries from a year ago and looked at what I ate. Seeing that I lost the most weight when I ate less (DUH!!!) really helped me see what I needed to do.

Over the past few months I've been eating right around 2,000 calories per day (or more!) and I've been having the hardest time. I decided to cut back my calories during the day. I'm doing this because I find I have more willpower during the day. Nighttime is when the feeding frenzy begins, ya know? This way I'm more prepared for the evening snack attack.

Despite all of my food issues, I've been keeping up with the exercise pretty well. I burned a day's worth of calories over the course of the week! We'll see how long all of this works. I'd love to be in the 220's by April! :-)

3 Comments:

  • At 10:07 AM, Blogger Hear me ROAR said…

    Be careful about cutting your day calories. I find I eat more at night when I eat less in the day.

    I think your doing awesome.. I would love to be loosing a pound and a half each week. lol

    You did what I did.. I looked back at what I was doing when thew weight was coming off and realized that I had change my habits without knowing! Hopefully the change will work for both of us!

     
  • At 3:20 PM, Blogger Red said…

    I don't think most people realize how much energy it takes to stay on track with both eating and exercise, especially when you've been doing it a whole year. The good news is that you've been at it for a whole year and you're doing great! The way I figure it, if I can stick it out for one year, certainly keep at it for another one, or two, or -- ideally -- for the rest of my life. Sooner or later a habit forms.

    I too am most hungry in the evenings so try to limit my calories during the day. I do it wisely by eating little bits of healthy low-cal things over the course of the day (carrot sticks, celery, cherry tomatoes, fresh fruit slices, fresh berries) along with small portions high-protein, low-fat things (plain, fat-free yogurt; low-fat cottage cheese). I also drink lots and lots of water and have a flavored seltzer if I am feeling snacky. This way, I don't feel as hungry during the day and get to have a good (but balanced) dinner at night while staying in my calorie range.

    You are doing so great! Keep going!

     
  • At 3:57 AM, Blogger TitanThirteen said…

    I've been doing this for a week and i don't have much to show for it. In fact, at the moment i can't really exercise and the weight is just crawling back on, leaving me kinda depressed :o(

     

Post a Comment

<< Home