Bust My Size

Join me on my journey to lose over 170 lbs. and become a healthier person.

Monday, March 26, 2007

Backslider!?

A friend and I went out shopping this past Thursday and she said something to me that, although spoken in jest, was kind of hurtful.

First, we went to Sam's and I bought a box of Rice Krispie Treats for the kids. I'll be the first to admit that these aren't the healthiest of snacks, but they're better than cookies, chips, and candy. So I put them in the cart and my friend turns to me and says, "Yeah, we know they're for you. Backslider!" So I gave her the "yeah whatever" half-laugh and just left it alone.

Next we went to Trader Joe's where I bought some chicken burgers, soy crisps, whole wheat buns, etc. While standing in the checkout line I grabbed a couple dark chocolate bars and put them in the cart. I usually buy a few per week and when they're gone that's it until next week. So what does she say? "Yep, see. You're backsliding!" Right there in the middle of the store! How awful!

Since then she's used that same word a few times while we've been on the phone and I've been fixing food. I don't know why she's chosen to say that to me, even if she's just kidding around. Next time says it, I'm calling her on it because it's just plain rude.

7 Comments:

  • At 1:16 PM, Blogger Teresa said…

    Nice friend.....I think not! Maybe she is jealous of your success. This might be her way to cause you some self-doubt.

    Try and put it out of your mind. Keep on doing what you've been doing as it is working. Don't let a negative comment eat you up.

    All the best!

     
  • At 3:34 PM, Blogger Lily T said…

    How annoying!

    She probably thinks she's being helpful. Best to set her straight.

     
  • At 7:08 AM, Blogger Foodie Girl said…

    Sounds like jealousy to me. You might just tell her that a real friend wouldn't use a word like that. A real friend would be there for support, no matter what. Keep your head up Jen. Karma is a B.

     
  • At 8:42 AM, Blogger TitanThirteen said…

    That is rude. Just say to her next time, "If you have a problem with something, say it and get it out of the way. Otherwise get off my back!"

    Freinds need to be able to say stuff to each other. To feel open enough to be frank with regards to the others feelings, otherwise there is no freindship to start with.

     
  • At 12:14 PM, Blogger Abi said…

    I would just ask her why she is saying that. If she is holding a grudge due to your success then she needs to talk to you about it! It happens to us all from time to time - just don't let it fester and break up your friendship!

     
  • At 6:35 PM, Blogger FatMom said…

    Man...that's sad. Did she do it again? I hope you let her have it!

     
  • At 6:38 PM, Blogger Jen said…

    Well she did say it again. I probably should have questioned her on why she said it, but the only thing I could get out was, "Like you trying to quit smoking?" Yeah I know it was a little childish, but she hasn't mentioned it since! LOL I guess it struck a chord with her. :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home