Bust My Size

Join me on my journey to lose over 170 lbs. and become a healthier person.

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Week 41 Weigh-In

Current Weight - 240.8 lbs.
This week's loss - 4.2 lbs.
Total loss - 76.8 lbs.
Average calories per day - 2164
Treadmill - 6.42 miles in 1 hour 35 minutes over 3 days burning 1,329 calories.
Exercise Bike - 4.01 miles in 20 minutes burning 120 calories.

Well at least most of the gain is gone. I have to be honest here, at some point in the past few weeks between Thanksgiving and being sick, I've lost my groove. Not too long ago I was doing so well and I just can't seem to get back to that point in my head. Even running isn't where it was just a few short weeks ago.

Maybe it's because it's that time of year? With Christmas right around the corner, I find that I want to slip back into old habits. I'm sure it's a familiar pattern to most...absolutely gorge yourself between Halloween and Christmas and then plan to diet after the first of the year.

I keep hearing that little voice in my head telling me to eat those cookies, it's the holidays after all, and I can just pick the diet back up on New Year's. I know I shouldn't, but I'll take a nibble here and there and then "forget" to document it in my food diary. I know I could have lost a lot more these past 2 weeks if it weren't for all of the "undocumented nibbles".

No matter what, I'll keep plugging away. Every day is a new start, you know? I know I'll find that groove again...hopefully in the next few days and not weeks!

Later today I have a dentist appointment and it looks like I'll probably be getting a root canal. Yipee! What fun, eh? I've had one before so I know the drill (pardon the pun). They aren't fun but neither is running around toothless! :-D There's a slight chance that they won't be able to save the tooth (it's a molar that has a 20+ year-old filling and the tooth has developed a crack), so there's a chance it may have to be pulled. :*( In that case, the silver lining is that I won't be able to stuff my face for a few days.

2 Comments:

  • At 1:01 PM, Blogger Arianne said…

    Eww Root canals are so not fun. I have just been there done that and it was my first one. Hated it. But if they can save your tooth, you'll be so happy and if not, it adds character. Good job on the treadmill. I have walked 1 km in 20 minutes this week. I need some severe motivation.

    Come check out my blog
    http://bryce4life.typepad.com/pleasantly_plump/

     
  • At 7:24 PM, Blogger FatMom said…

    Jen! WHOA, I'm soooo excited for you! Excellent loss, girl!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home