Bust My Size

Join me on my journey to lose over 170 lbs. and become a healthier person.

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Week 37 Weigh-In

Current Weight - 247.2 lbs.
This week's loss - 0.6 lbs.
Total loss - 70.4 lbs.
Average calories per day - 1792
Treadmill - 6.71 miles in 1 hour 50 minutes over 4 days burning 1190 calories.
Exercise Bike - 7.72 miles in 40 minutes over 2 days burning 355 calories.

I did pretty well with food this week, but I did indulge in a bit of leftover Halloween candy. It's all gone now, so I should be better this week. :-)

Found a solution to my quandary over how many calories I'm actually burning. This past weekend I bought a Polar F11 heart rate monitor which uses your age, weight, gender, and heart rate to calculate how many calories you're burning while exercising. I figure that it's probably more reliable than all of the other methods I've been using. And hey, I needed a new watch anyway!

I have 6 weigh-in days until Christmas, and I'm starting to wonder if I'm going to make my goal of weighing 240 lbs. by then. I've upped the exercise and lowered the calories and I still can't seem to lose any faster. Ugh!!! I really wish this body would cooperate!

7 Comments:

  • At 1:15 AM, Blogger TitanThirteen said…

    I posted an entry on my blog the one before last about stuff to do to lose weight fast-healthily, if your intorested.
    I have no idea how to work out calories.

     
  • At 7:16 PM, Blogger FatMom said…

    Hang in there, Jen! It'll happen! You're doing all the right things...patience, grasshopper! ;~)

     
  • At 5:03 PM, Blogger Hear me ROAR said…

    wow that's an awesome watch!! I need one too!! lol

    has your routine been the same for a while? Eating the same things? If it is, maybe changing it up would help? Even as simple as changing the days you work out?

    Just a though.. it's helped me in the past get out of plateaus..

     
  • At 6:57 AM, Blogger Jen said…

    Cactusfreek,

    I checked it out and #7 is something I can totally identify with. Lately I've been slipping into non-natural/whole foods. I lose best on a low-sodium natural foods diet.

     
  • At 7:00 AM, Blogger Jen said…

    fatmom,

    Yep...I'm impatient. :-) I want results now, dammit!!! *throwing self on the floor kicking and screaming* :-D

    Seriously though, it's so hard when your body won't cooperate. Of course I'm preaching to the choir here. :-)

     
  • At 7:05 AM, Blogger Jen said…

    hear me roar,

    I'm loving the watch and I highly recommend it. I'm one of those diet geeks who has to know all of the numbers in great detail. ;-)

    My routine was the same until I changed it a week or two ago. Still didn't help. One thing that is different is the amount of running I'm doing.

    I've been trying to convince myself that I'm not losing because I'm gaining muscle. This *might* be true due to the running, as I have lost 1.5" off of each thigh in the past 5 weeks. :-)

     
  • At 1:05 PM, Blogger Kimberly said…

    Yeah, what fatmom said. I would add to just make sure you are spacing your calories out through the whole day so you keep your metabolism up. I eat every two or three hours and that has seemed to help me a lot.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home