Bust My Size

Join me on my journey to lose over 170 lbs. and become a healthier person.

Thursday, November 02, 2006

Week 36 Weigh-In

Current Weight - 247.8 lbs.
This week's loss - 1.4 lbs.
Total loss - 69.8 lbs.
Average calories per day - 1586
Treadmill - 5.43 miles in 90 minutes over 3 days burning 693 calories.

Ahhh....so close! Almost made it to 70 lbs. lost. Next week I will for sure. :-) So far I'm doing well on the C25K program. Yesterday was Week 5 Day 2 and I jogged the two 8 minute segments without any problems. Tomorrow, however, is the first long jog at 20 minutes. Wish me luck! I'll keep the phone handy in case I need to call 911. ;-)

I've been facing a bit of a dilemma lately. Up until now I've been using Calories Per Hour to figure out how many calories I've been burning while running/walking, but now I'm not sure of its accuracy. For example, using the data from a 30 minute session on the treadmill, CPH says I burned 235 calories based on weight, time, and distance. The treadmill itself says I burned 245 calories, but I believe that's based on a 150 lb. person. My Nike+ Ipod thingy says I burned 400 calories but I know that's off by a little bit. I still need to calibrate the Nike+ thing since it believes I'm going about 10% farther that I really am, but it knows my weight. So which number to I go by?

Maybe someday we'll all have little implanted computers which will track calories in/out. Wouldn't that be cool? :-D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home