Bust My Size

Join me on my journey to lose over 170 lbs. and become a healthier person.

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Week 38 Weigh-In

Current Weight - 241.8 lbs.
This week's loss - 5.4 lbs.
Total loss - 75.8 lbs.
Average calories per day - 1911
Treadmill - 6.63 miles in 1 hour 45 minutes over 3 days burning 1301 calories.

WTF? I can't believe I lost over 5 lbs. this week! TOM struck today, so that's probably why I had such a big "woosh" on the scales. You should've seen me this morning at 5:30 am. I was half asleep and squinting at the scales in utter disbelief. I even flipped the scales over, cleaned off its little feet, hopped back on and got the same number. Woohoo!!! I've been on Cloud 9 all day. I'm bracing myself, however, for a slight "rebound gain" next week.

My husband and I are planning to visit his family in Alabama between Christmas and New Year's. It's kind of scary thinking about how I'm going to stick to this diet while making the 12 hour drive each way (plus another 4 hours of potty and play breaks since we'll be traveling with a 4 & 5 year-old). Luckily we'll be staying in a hotel and the room will have a mini-fridge and microwave. They also boast free high-speed internet access to all guests!

Even though this trip is almost 6 weeks away, I've started planning my meals. I figure I can make some sandwiches with natural peanut butter on 100% whole wheat bread and bring fruit for the drive. Maybe some salads, yogurt, and pre-cut veggies with a dip once I get there? I doubt they have a decent grocery store since DH's family lives on a mountain with a bunch of barefoot hillbillies picking banjos. ;-)

4 Comments:

  • At 12:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh my goodness, you just discribed Tasmania! lol
    Congrats on the loss, and especialy at this time of month. Isn't it that we usualy gain now?
    So being that time, you probably would have lost more if it hadn't been. So next week show be an awesome loss again if you do the same things!
    Good on you! :o)
    Another thing you could take with you is cold meatloaf? I love that stuff if it's hot or cold! You could freeze some bottles of cordial to have a double use in between the salad sangas etc

     
  • At 10:50 PM, Blogger A BLOG NOT HERE said…

    Hi Jen :)

    I am seriously proud of you!!!!!!!!!!!! HUG

    I am so in desperate need of inspiration and boy did I find it over here at your blog. :D

    See what ingenuity and exercising can do?

    Just to let you and CF know, I too love hot or cold meatloaf - yum! yum!

    Really Jen - you did fabulously.

     
  • At 11:12 PM, Blogger Kim said…

    Holy crap!! How wonderful for you!! You are really kicking it up a notch now!! :)

    Congratulations!!

     
  • At 1:45 PM, Blogger Kimberly said…

    I love your description of your husband's family's area. Too funny :D

    Great job on the loss, and since I'm so late in responding, congrats on no rebound gain!

    I know that's a long trip and it seems like everything that you find in your cupboard (peanut butter, crackers, granola bars) has more calories that refrigerated items. Maybe you could take a small cooler?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home