Bust My Size

Join me on my journey to lose over 170 lbs. and become a healthier person.

Friday, October 27, 2006

Pomegranate Seeds

Let me start this by saying that i really wanted to like pomegranate seeds. They seem like a "cool" kind of food. Expensive, exotic, different looking, really nutritious...not your everyday kind of produce, ya know?

While shopping at Trader Joe's a few days ago, I found a small container of seeds that were ready to eat for $3.49. I snatched them up and rushed over to my best friend's house so we could give them a try. YUCK!!! The initial fruity burst was nice, but that quickly turned into a taste similar to paint thinner. I tried another in case I got a bad one and sure enough, it tasted the same. My friend also wrinkled her nose after trying them too. Who eats this stuff? Gross!!!

5 Comments:

  • At 9:54 PM, Blogger Nicole said…

    Good to know that pomegranate seeds are no good. Have you ever tried pomegranite juice? I've heard that it is very healthy for one...but I haven't tried it yet.

     
  • At 1:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ewwww it doesn't sound nice at all. I am glad it was you and not me tasting them first ewwww

    Cheers
    Chubbymum

     
  • At 9:53 PM, Blogger TitanThirteen said…

    Gee i haven't even built up the courage to try a pomegranate fruit yet,and it's supposed to be "the" power fruit for our bodies.But the seeds... you exotic woman you!

     
  • At 11:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    So much for those huh? ;) Stick with the juice, it's yummy.

     
  • At 7:16 AM, Blogger Jen said…

    Good idea, I think I'll give the juice a try before I totally write off pomegranates. :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home