Bust My Size

Join me on my journey to lose over 170 lbs. and become a healthier person.

Monday, December 11, 2006

Tooth Update

Well the tooth was split so badly that the dentist couldn't save it. Thursday I went to an oral surgeon and had it removed along with one of my wisdom teeth. Yes, I still have those at 33!

Although I haven't experienced any pain (not on pain meds either!), this has been a terrible experience. My mouth bled like you wouldn't believe and it still tastes like I have pennies in my mouth. Yuck! I know my breath must really be kicking too! :-D

The molar I lost was pretty far back and even when I stretch my mouth into it's widest smile I still can't see the hole. Despite that, I'm still considering an implant. The surgeon said it really wasn't necessary since the hole was so far back, but if I really insisted that I could get one since my sinus cavities are high. Ugh...do I want to spend $2500 on an implant? I don't know. I have to wait 6 months before I could even think about getting one anyways...have to let the bone heal.

Any vigorous activity leads to a bloody taste in my mouth right now, so I haven't been exercising at all. Not really sure what I'm going to do with the whole diet/exercise thing for the next few weeks. Caloric intake hasn't been any better either.

If I can just get through the next 3 weeks without a gain, then I can have a fresh start on New Year's Day. Easier said than done, I know. In the next 2 weeks I have to bake and decorate 3 cakes! Temptations are everywhere. :-/

5 Comments:

  • At 8:07 AM, Blogger Hear me ROAR said…

    I am sorry to hear about your tooth!

    I wanted to let you know I thought of you the other day. I remember your post about the pomegrate (sp?)seeds. When I was at my sil's house she served these from a fresh fruit. They were actually really good! Try them from a fresh fruit instead of a can next... It looked really nice on top of the fruit salad!

    Take care!

     
  • At 8:39 AM, Blogger TitanThirteen said…

    I'm 36 and i've still got 2 wisdom teeth. They don't look like they are going anywhere either! lol

     
  • At 10:14 PM, Blogger Jen said…

    ROAR - I read your comment about the Pomegranate seeds just as I was heading out the door to the grocery store. I found whole pomegranates on sale for $1.50 at Kroger so I figured I'd give it another go and I bought one. If I have the time tomorrow I'll try to figure out what to do with it! :-D

    CactusFreek - I guess we're tied now. I had one of them removed back in '98 so now I have two left, both on the right side. :-)

     
  • At 1:00 AM, Blogger FatMom said…

    Oh! Sorry to hear about the tooth issues! Well...onward and upward! Things will work out just fine ;~)

     
  • At 6:52 AM, Blogger TitanThirteen said…

    Hey, both of mine are on the right side too!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home