Bust My Size

Join me on my journey to lose over 170 lbs. and become a healthier person.

Saturday, September 09, 2006

Saturday Shopping at Sam's

So I went to Sam's Club today to stock up on a few things, and it was quite eventful! While I was standing in line at the Customer Service desk, a guy walked up behind me. He started chatting me up about the weather, how busy the store was, the lack of enough air conditioning in the store, etc. I just kind of agreed with him (the old 'smile and nod' :-) ) and turned my back to him. After a few minutes he just walked away.

I thought the whole thing was kind of odd, but then it dawned on me...I think he was trying to pick me up! I replayed the whole thing over and over in my head, and there's really no other explanation. He wasn't all that hot, but regardless it was a real boost to my self-esteem. :-D I had a similar situation in a grocery store last week. That guy, however, was butt ugly. He kept following me around the produce section making small talk about various fruits and vegetables while staring at me in a creepy fashion. Hey...it's all good. Just don't follow me home! LOL

Once I finished my shopping, I had to stand in line for a while before I could check out. While standing there I looked up at the wall behind the registers and saw a big board where they were proclaiming how cheap their prescription drugs were. There were 5 drugs listed, including Lipitor (for high cholesterol) and Metformin (an oral diabetes medicine), plus the price of a cheap blood glucose meter they sell. I then look at the carts all around me and notice that many are filled to the brim with big packages of hot dogs, frozen hamburgers, mozzarella sticks, frozen pizza, candy, sugar soda, and potato chips.

Isn't it odd that this store sells all of these fat- and sugar-laden foods in huge quantities, and then sells the medicines that treat the illnesses caused by consuming them? Something just seems off about the whole thing. What are we doing to ourselves?

Oh, BTW...when the guy walked away I checked my purse just to make sure I wasn't pick-pocketed. Everything was still there. LOL

4 Comments:

  • At 5:33 PM, Blogger Jessica said…

    I would have checked my purse too. lol Congrats on your weight loss. I love reading your blog. Thanks for sharing your journey. ~Jessica~

     
  • At 3:32 PM, Blogger Kimberly said…

    Good for you! It's only going to happen more and more :)

     
  • At 8:16 AM, Blogger TitanThirteen said…

    I wouldn't have even thought of checking my purse!
    I wear a small backpack and every time i feel it move and i don't think i made it move, i check it.
    But if i had just my purse in my pocket, i don't think i would have checked it. Maybe its because i'm so poor, but the first thing i check when keeping stuff in my pockets, is my mobile phone! lol
    As for the guy checking you out [the ok one], good on you!
    It makes a big differance if the guy is ok looking i think. If the guy is ugly, i'd wonder if he is looking at me because he doesn't think he can do any better lol

     
  • At 8:03 PM, Blogger BigAssBelle said…

    heh ;-) i'd not have thought of checking my purse. i just got through flirting with a man for an hour. i don't know what it is about weight loss ~ maybe that we feel so much better about ourselves? ~ but they seem to come out of the woodwork when i'm moving down . . . flirt on, it doesn't hurt a thing.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home