Bust My Size

Join me on my journey to lose over 170 lbs. and become a healthier person.

Monday, August 28, 2006

Club Salad, Yummy Yummy

Yummy yummy yummy yummy, Club Salaaad!

Okay, unless you are a parent of a child under 6, you probably won't get that reference. (Hint: The Wiggles) :-) So I thought I'd share with you all one of our favorite dinner recipes. A while back I saw an episode of Calorie Commando where Juan-Carlos Cruz remade a typical club sandwich into a healthier club salad. Since I can never leave well enough alone, I made a few minor changes to his recipe. Here is my version:

Dressing-
1/2 cup fat-free Buttermilk
1/4 cup light Mayonaise
1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
1/2 teaspoon Dry Mustard
1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt
dash of Pepper

Salad-
2 Romaine Hearts, chopped
1 lb. roasted Turkey Breast, cut into 3/4 inch cubes
6 slices Bacon, crisply cooked and crumbled
1-2 ribs of Celery, thinly sliced (depending on size)
1/4 red onion, diced
a handful or two of Cherry Tomatoes, halved

Whisk together dressing ingredients. Mix together salad ingredients. Combine both and you're done! The whole bowl ends up being around 1100 calories--give or take--and will easily serve 3-4 normal people or 2 who are really hungry! It's so big I have to use my Kitchen Aid mixer bowl!

By the way, my favorite Wiggle is Greg. Hmmm....Yellow Wiggle, Yummy Yummy! :-D

1 Comments:

  • At 10:42 PM, Blogger Kimberly said…

    Haha, that's funny. When I read "salaaad" I was thinking of another kiddie (sort of) show - Spongebob Squarepants. Spongebob has never heard of a salad because he works in a greasy fast food place, and he pronounces it salaaad.

    It does sound yummy. Mmmm, bacon :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home