Bust My Size

Join me on my journey to lose over 170 lbs. and become a healthier person.

Sunday, September 03, 2006

No matter what diet you follow, be sure to have plenty of water.


We all know how important it is to have plenty of water while dieting, but this just takes the cake. Apparently, Tropical Storm Ernesto thought I wasn't having enough, and was gracious enough to dump millions of gallons of it on my street. How nice of him, huh?

After nearly a foot of rain, the water was so high that it came all the way up to the foundation of our house. Every time a vehicle would drive by, we'd get waves crashing in our yard and against our house. Luckily, the inside of the house stayed dry and there is no evidence of water damage. We lost power, phone, cable tv, and cable internet for 42 hours, but it's all back now. The water has receded too. I think it's time to buy flood insurance. :-D

2 days until school starts!

2 Comments:

  • At 12:43 AM, Blogger TitanThirteen said…

    You can rename your street, "New Venice" lol
    You guy are really lucky not to have any water damage! Don't you find it amusing how much we take things like electricity, the phone and cable TV for granted?

     
  • At 2:26 AM, Blogger Kimberly said…

    How scary! I'm glad you don't have any water damage, that seems like it would be such an expensive hassle.

    Oh, and thanks for reminding me - I have two more cups of water to drink today :)

    A few more hours til school (thank goodness my son is in the afternoon kindergarten!)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home