Bust My Size

Join me on my journey to lose over 170 lbs. and become a healthier person.

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Week 26 Weigh-In

Current Weight - 262.2
This week's loss - 1.8 lbs.
Total loss - 55.4 lbs.
Average calories per day - 1949
Treadmill - 4.62 miles in 1 1/2 hrs. over 3 days
Total calories burned this week according to Calories Per Hour - 608.

I can't believe it's been 6 months already! I did really well this week with my food choices, and I was hoping for a slightly better weigh-in, but I will gladly take the 1.8 lb. loss.

Nearly everything I ate this week was from whole foods...very, very little processed stuff. I made a new discovery in the produce department this week: Champagne Grapes! They are teeny tiny reddish-purple grapes in little viney clusters that are just bursting with flavor. My kids thought they were awesome too, so if you see some at your store you should give 'em a try! Later today I will try Kiwi fruit for the first time ever. After that I want to try Kumquats...that is if I can find them. No such luck yet.

This week I also increased the intensity on the treadmill. I now have the heartrate-based program set to 135 bpm and it's totally kicking my butt! My peak speed is up to 4.4 mph which has me running like there's no tomorrow. :-D

13 days until school starts...almost there!!!

5 Comments:

  • At 12:12 PM, Blogger FatMom said…

    Whooo-hooo, Jen!!! That's almost 2 more pounds! And, just as importantly, look at you go on that treadmill and congrats on trying new fruits! I love kiwi! Yum! They supply a TON of Vitamin C and a good dose of fiber. Don't eat the fuzzy brown skin, though. I find it's easiest to just cut them in half, take a small spoon and eat away! Have fun, and congrats again!!!

     
  • At 3:06 AM, Blogger Kimberly said…

    Right on! 1.8 lbs is great, and as far into this as you are now (6 months!), and the working out you've been doing, your body is probably changing in ways other than simple loss of pounds. Like muscle mass which of course weighs more than fat.

    Those grapes sound good, and I hope you loved the kiwi. I wish I could eat kiwifruit every day.

     
  • At 2:37 PM, Blogger Jen said…

    Hey guys! The kiwi was awesome! I'll definitely be buying some more this week. They are on sale for 3/$1.00 so I guess that's a good price?

     
  • At 5:45 AM, Blogger TitanThirteen said…

    Hey, congrats on the changes!
    I saw those grapes at a supermarket once but they were WAAYYY too expensive, like $12 a kilo [thats like a bunch] so they are not on my shopping list i'm afraid! lol
    Kiwi fruit is yummy [minus that skin!] especialy with watermelon and/or rockmelon or banana. We pay 3 for $1 here in Australia [and they come from New Zealand] so either you should be paying way more, or we should be paying way less!!!
    Thats great about the treadmill. The most i can do right now is 3.5 - 4.0 kilometres an hour. But i don't know what that is in miles.

     
  • At 11:26 AM, Blogger Jen said…

    Cactusfreek-

    Wow! Produce in Australia is expensive! $12/kg? Yikes! I paid $2.50 ($3.29 AU) for a 1 lb (almost 1/2 kilo) container which I considered to be too much. LOL I did a little price checking on the kiwi fruit and when they aren't on special the regular price is $0.44 each (about $0.58 AU) at one store and another store sells a box of 20 for $4.88 ($6.43 AU). These were all the Zespri brand which I believe come from New Zealand.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home