Bust My Size

Join me on my journey to lose over 170 lbs. and become a healthier person.

Sunday, May 28, 2006

i'm [not] lovin' it

Tonight we had McDonald's for dinner and I chose to have a salad (340 calories plus 45 calories for my own dressing) and a McFlurry. I looooove the McFlurries and at 560 calories a pop, I'll still find a way to work one in now and then. When my husband brought it home tonight, I noticed that it looked kind of low in the cup.

I thought that maybe it had melted a bit on the way home, but decided to put it on the food scale just to be sure. According to the nutritional info on McDonald's site, it should weigh 337 grams. Can you imagine my surprise when it tipped the scales at only 209 grams including the cup and lid? One of those things has nearly one-third of my daily caloric intake so if I'm counting it I want every bite! We ended up taking it back and getting another one but I still feel kind of ripped off.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:11 AM, Blogger TitanThirteen said…

    Hi :o)
    Thanks for the encouragement on my blog :o))
    Thought i'd pop on over and have a looksy!
    I hear ya on the amount issue! Apparently Maccas ice-creams are fairly low in fat [i don't know why they don't advertise that] so in the summer, after the grocery shopping, i shout myself one. But sometimes when they are busy, they only give me half of one and i say something every time. Too bad if they don't like it, it's my treat and i want what i pay for!
    But if it's something like drive through KFC, we have to check it before we leave the window, because we live 1/2 an hour away and if we wait untill we get home, we can garantee there'll be something wrong with the order! The biggest stuff up is, and they always do it, i ask for an original works burger and they give me a zinger instead. What's up with that? lol

     

Post a Comment

<< Home