Bust My Size

Join me on my journey to lose over 170 lbs. and become a healthier person.

Friday, June 01, 2007

The good and the bad

DD went back to school today and thankfully "Tommy" didn't mention me or my size today. Phew! Since it seems to be a one shot deal, I'll just let it slide like you guys suggested.

Soccer practice today is a different story. OMG!!! What is it with kids these days? Here's my rant for the day... The soccer coach's son is by far the biggest kid on the team. The team is mostly 5 and 6 year-olds but this kid has got to be 7 or 8. DD barely comes up to his chest.

I'm not sure what led up to the incident, but I just happened to turn my head to see this boy with his hands in the air shove DD and throw her to the ground. DD is 39 lbs. (17.7 kg) and he's got to be 80+ lbs. (36+ kg). The ball was not in play at the time so this was totally not game related. It was an aggressive act. Of course she started crying and when I started walking out to the field the coach finally noticed and took his son out of the practice game. DD doesn't know why he did it and all he said beforehand was, "What are you looking at?!" I'll be honest with you, she's not into soccer. It was quite possible the ball rolled by her while she was looking for dandelions to pick and it pissed him off. But such aggression? From a young boy?

You know I've been dealing with so much BS lately. It's affected my life in every way. I'm done now. That's it. Over. She's out of soccer. I know I should make her stay and stand up to this bully, but there's a real safety issue there with the size and gender difference. This boy has shown a real mean streak at every practice and game, only this time it was aimed at my daughter. It took all I had to get my stuff together and walk out of there without completely losing it. Ugh!!! Kids!!!

3 Comments:

  • At 9:24 PM, Blogger Foodie Girl said…

    That kid needs to be benched. I don't see that happening since he is the coach's son. If she stays in and the aggressive behavior continues, I would report that little twerp.

     
  • At 6:04 AM, Blogger TitanThirteen said…

    If you do take her out of soccar, make sure you tell the coach why. Tell him that you feel it is unfair. Kids will be kids, but coaches shouldn't have their own kids on their teams for that very reason.
    Make sure your daughter thinks that you are taking her out because she has no interest. If she thinks it's because of the bully, she'll probably crumble at every situation involving a bully that she encounters through her childhood. Unfortunatly that'll be most situations :o/

     
  • At 8:48 PM, Blogger Cherry Dolphin said…

    I agree with Cactusfreek, if you do take her out, please tell the coach why. He needs to be aware of what this bully is doing. Any congratulations on your weight loss! You've done great, and it's such an inspiration!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home