Bust My Size

Join me on my journey to lose over 170 lbs. and become a healthier person.

Monday, May 07, 2007

Pulling myself back together

So this morning I got on the scales and I weighed 232.6!!! Ouch!!! I'm up 6.0 lbs. from last Wednesday. Yes, some is water weight, but some of it is probably true weight gain. This past weekend I had pizza and almost two half-gallons of ice cream. I estimated that I had over 4,000 calories on Saturday alone.

Here is where I am now... Have you ever had your car run out of gas? You start it, it will run for a minute and then crap out? You start it again and it just spits, sputters, then dies again? No matter what you do you just can't get it to stay running? That's me on my diet right now. I start out great in the morning and cruise all through the day. Dinner is fine, too. Somewhere between dinner and bedtime I go crazy and eat everything in sight. By the end of the day I've had 3,000 calories. Next day I wake up and repeat the day before. False starts every day. Ugh!!! What I can say is that today, for the first time since getting sick a few weeks ago, I walked on the treadmill.

So when I weigh in on Wednesday, I'm going to be comparing those numbers to the numbers on the scale today. This way I can measure my efforts over the past 2 days versus my total meltdown over the weekend. Does that make any sense? LOL As of today I'm recommitting myself to this whole thing.

Thank you to all of my readers and especially to those who leave comments. Without you I'd have probably abandoned this diet months ago. Y'all keep me honest! :-)

9 Comments:

  • At 4:27 PM, Blogger Nicole said…

    I totally know how you feel! I felt like I was out of gas for months and had weeks of false starts until something snapped and I'd had enough of being kind of dragged along by the wagon. You can do it!

     
  • At 6:40 PM, Blogger Foodie Girl said…

    Have you tried exercising in the morning? Usually when I do this, I am way too tired after dinner to eat anything in the house. I just want to relax with a nice warm shower, the television, and then off to bed.

     
  • At 10:09 PM, Blogger Wanna_B_slimmer said…

    Wow..6lb in a week.. thats not easy to gain..hehe.. Well at least you know some of it is water gain.. so time to knuckle down and get with it again.... goodluck.. and you know that it will be alot less next weighin..
    I feel like I am running diesel in an unleaded car at the moment..so yes I know what you are talkin aboit!!

     
  • At 11:36 PM, Blogger TitanThirteen said…

    We all go through stages, and have to adjust to them. You'll find your way out of this, like you do with the other stages.
    I have a night time eating problem too sometimes. And i don't want carrot sticks either!

     
  • At 10:21 AM, Blogger Dee said…

    False starts are better than not starting at all. Keep trying, sooner or later you'll get your mojo back.

     
  • At 10:32 AM, Blogger Teresa said…

    Just relax, no big deal. You can do it! You've done a wonderful job so far.

     
  • At 12:36 PM, Blogger Salma Gundi said…

    Heya, I'm a new reader to your blog. I had to comment on this post before I went farther back.

    If you are falling apart after dinner, maybe you should redefine when you dieting day begins and ends. i think if you thought of 5 pm as the end of your calorie intake day and 5:30 pm to 5 the next day as the start of one, you'd find yourself making different choices for that nighttime snack.

    i like to eat at night, too, so i keep the largest amount of calories for dinner, eat in volume a huge amount of veg with dinner, eat dinner late AND build in a snack/dessert for about an hour before bed.

    another thing i sometimes did when i was in my weight loss phase was give myself a null day every once in a while. not a binge day, and not a cheat day, but a day to take in maintenance level calories. doing that helped me get through in a controlled way some difficult days where i just couldn't handle being a "dieter."

    best wishes to you - off to read more of your blog :D

     
  • At 8:30 AM, Blogger TitanThirteen said…

    Back again..
    I've tagged you..."Tag!"...check out my blog :o)

     
  • At 9:00 PM, Blogger Chubbymum said…

    You can do this hun....

    One step at a time.

    Cheers
    Chubbymum
    http://cmlosingit.blogspot.com

     

Post a Comment

<< Home