Bust My Size

Join me on my journey to lose over 170 lbs. and become a healthier person.

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Week 45 Weigh-In

Current Weight - 239.2 lbs.
This week's loss - 0.2 lbs.
Total loss - 78.4 lbs.

Well I managed to eek through the holidays with a slight loss. To be honest, I was really surprised that it wasn't a gain.

Driving back from Alabama on 12/30 I was really tired, so I kept myself awake by snacking on a ton of Pringles and Hershey's Kissables. Yeah, not good. On 12/31 I was back on track until that night when I somehow rationalized that everyone else on the planet was celebrating with food, so why wasn't I? And...you guessed it...more Pringles.

Today is day 3 of the year and things have been going well for '07. There are, however, some things I really need to work on... I need to start going to bed earlier and I really need to push myself more on the exercise front.

I started back on the C25K program this morning with Week 1 and it was rough. Ugh...why did I stop for the holidays? I'll be paying for that mistake for a while.

I recently joined a weightloss group on YouTube called Gut2Cut. If you aren't familiar with that group, or YouTube, you should check it out! Gut2Cut is a whole group of people like us who are trying to lose weight. You can find me there as ShrinkingMom. I just posted my very first video if you want to see it. :-)

Before I go I want to thank Marietta, Cactusfreek, ~Jen~, Celtic_Girl, Susie, and Lynn for your wonderful comments on my last two posts. You guys are so nice and you help to keep me honest! :-D

11 Comments:

  • At 3:41 PM, Blogger D-Town said…

    Glad you joined, you will inspire a lot of people!

    Great work thus far, 07 will bring more than you can imagine!

     
  • At 3:41 PM, Blogger D-Town said…

    Oh, i'm losetogain on youtube. :)

     
  • At 1:52 AM, Blogger FatMom said…

    Hey, a loss is a loss! Good for you! Things will be back on track soon.

     
  • At 4:06 PM, Blogger Healthy Mummy said…

    This is a fun blog. I will be back to cheer you on. I haven't dared weigh myself yet after the festive period.

     
  • At 9:15 PM, Blogger Jules said…

    Jen,

    Good job over the holidays. I also am a mom on a weight loss mission. I am working on running as well. My workout partner and I just did the Seattle 1/2 marathon,we walked it, not ran, it was amazing and we are hoping to do a full marathon in June, so keep up the hard work. I have the exercise down, but the food is my problem. I look forward to coming back to follow your journey. Keep up the good work!

     
  • At 9:48 PM, Blogger Abi said…

    I love the youtube videos -- I just might join also. The tip on how you measure out your salad dressing is very handy - thanks!

     
  • At 4:54 PM, Blogger Jen said…

    You are a true inspiration, losetogain! I can't wait to see you meet your next goal! :-)

     
  • At 4:58 PM, Blogger Jen said…

    Fatmom,

    You are right. Any loss is a good thing. Getting back on track is so hard.

     
  • At 5:00 PM, Blogger Jen said…

    Healthy Mummy,

    I can use all the cheering I can get! Yes, that first weigh-in after the holidays is a scary one. Thanks for stopping by! :-)

     
  • At 5:03 PM, Blogger Jen said…

    You walked a 1/2 marathon? Wow! That's impressive! I know what you mean about the food/exercise thing. Once I get one part under control, the other slips away. Thanks for stopping by!

     
  • At 5:05 PM, Blogger Jen said…

    Abi,

    You should join the YT group! Would love to see a fellow blogger on there. :-) I'll be looking for your first video! ;-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home