Bust My Size

Join me on my journey to lose over 170 lbs. and become a healthier person.

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Week 35 Weigh-in

Current Weight - 249.2 lbs.
This week's loss - 1.4 lbs.
Total loss - 68.4 lbs.
Average calories per day - 1799
Treadmill - 5.2 miles in 90 minutes over 3 days burning 650 calories.
Dance Dance Revolution - 20 minutes burning 171 calories.

Woohoo!!! I'm in the 240's!!! One mini-goal down, two to go. Maybe next week I'll see 70+lbs. gone? I'm gonna try! :-)

Lately I've been looking at where I am, and I've come to the decision that it's time to cut the calories. I've been getting sloppy with them as of late, resulting in my hitting 2100 many days. If I want to get my BMI to the level of plain "obesity" vs. "morbid obesity" by Christmas, then I must act now and step up the weightloss.

Starting last Sunday I've been limiting myself to 1500 calories per day. Now I know I can't manage that every day, but if I can do this 4-5 times a week and stick to 2,000 the other days, I think I can speed things up a bit. Here's what I've been doing on my 1500 calorie days...

8:00 A.M. 300 calories
11:00 A.M. 300 calories
2:00 P.M. 200 calories
5:00 P.M. 500 calories
8:00 P.M. 200 calories

Having several small meals a day works for a loads of people so I'm giving it a try. So far so good!

Had a doctor's appointment Monday and everything went great. They even noticed that I had lost weight. Very cool. :-) Since before I quit smoking in April of 2004, I've had a bit of a hacking cough and I tend to develop a wheeze later in the day. I've been worried that I may have developed COPD so I asked for a breathing test. They whipped out a spirometer and I passed with flying colors. No Asthma, COPD, or Emphysema thank goodness. I've had 2 chest x-rays in the past year which came back clean, too. Since reflux can cause wheezing and a little hacking cough, and I do have reflux, that's probably all it is.

2 Comments:

  • At 10:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Congrats on the loss :) How did the smoking thing go for you? I really really need to quit. Ugh

     
  • At 11:28 AM, Blogger Jen said…

    Quiting smoking was hard at times, but the patch made it tolerable. The only way I can describe it is that it's like a warm blanket. The patches just take the edge off, ya know? If you decide to buy patches, get the Nicoderm CQ Clear! The generic ones stink, don't stick well, and just plain aren't as good.

    Another thing I used was a quit meter that I downloaded. I used SilkQuit, but there are several out there if you Google it. Whenever I thought about smoking, I'd look at my meter and ask myself if I wanted to throw away all of that progress just to have a cig. Then I'd say to myself that I did not suffer that long just to give in! LOL Hey, it worked! :-)

    Whenever you feel ready to try to quit, you should get those patches and the meter. Everything is better as a non-smoker. I really wished I had tried earlier. Who knows what kind of damage I did in my 15 1/2 years of smoking. :-/

     

Post a Comment

<< Home