Bust My Size

Join me on my journey to lose over 170 lbs. and become a healthier person.

Sunday, October 15, 2006

I killed my diet! :-(

Today was my youngest daughter's fourth birthday and she had a Dora the Explorer party. I made this cake and I totally lost control. I don't even know how much buttercream frosting I nibbled on here and there. Add to that the fact that I had a big piece of cake and we had pizza for dinner, and it's safe to say I went over my calorie limit by a few thousand.

Oh well, such is life. The cake was awesome, if I do say so myself, and the pizza was sinfully delicious. Tomorrow I'll be back on course and I'm not even going to try to figure out how many calories I had today. I will just put an "X" over today in my food diary. So when I don't lose anything this week this would be the reason why. Surprisingly, I'm not beating myself up over it. I feel very satisfied and am looking forward to eating a nice healthy dinner tomorrow night.

3 Comments:

  • At 10:05 PM, Blogger Kim said…

    Good for you! Your 4 year old is going to remember Mommy having fun and enjoying her birthday with her. Tomorrow is a new day. It's certainly not like you eat Dora cake and pizza everyday!!! :)

    p.s.
    cool cake!!

     
  • At 6:34 PM, Blogger FatMom said…

    One day doth not a diet break...it's life...that cake is AMAZING! You're talented!!! Beautiful!

     
  • At 6:08 AM, Blogger Jen said…

    Yep, you guys are right. I am, however, kicking myself for eating as much as I did. I waaaaay overdid it and I'm disgusted with myself for binging like that. I think I may have negated an entire week's worth of work. :-(

    The cake wasn't too hard. It was basically "frost by numbers". LOL It was one of those shaped cake pans from Wilton that comes with a chart showing where to put the different colors of frosting. Funny, my mouth wasn't on that list! :-D

     

Post a Comment

<< Home