Bust My Size

Join me on my journey to lose over 170 lbs. and become a healthier person.

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Week 32 Weigh-In

Current Weight - 252.2 lbs.
This week's loss - 2.6 lbs.
Total loss - 65.4 lbs.
Average calories per day - 2004
Treadmill - 5.09 miles in 90 minutes over 3 days burning 640 calories.

If only I could lose this much every week! :-)

So I've been doing this Couch-to-5K thing, and I've got to tell you that Week 2 is kicking my butt! How am I going to finish this thing? I have a feeling that it's going to take me a lot longer than the prescribed 9 weeks.

My walking segments are 3.2 mph and my jogging segments are around 4.5 mph. I know I could be doing this faster, but even these slow speeds push my heart rate up to the low 160's. According to the Mayo Clinic's Target Heart Rate Calculator, my target zone is between 112 - 159 beats per minute, so I'm definitely working at the upper end of that range.

My fruit, veggie, and lean meat intake was pretty good last week. Not as many salads as I should be eating, but I'll work on that this week. This diet is definitely a work in progress. It seems like I'm constantly changing and fine-tuning things.

5 Comments:

  • At 11:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Jen, congrats on the loss :)

    From, Jen2

     
  • At 3:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow, well done! And hey, the way I see it with you constantly fine-tuning things is that you recognise where you can make improvements. That is ALWAYS a good thing! Rawk on! :-D

     
  • At 1:19 PM, Blogger Kimberly said…

    Awesome job on the loss. That walking and running routine sounds rough. Keep up the good work.

    I know what you mean about fine-tuning things continually. That's the best way to keep moving and keep seeing improvements. Plus, the more knowledge you gather about all of this, the better you will be at it.

     
  • At 2:43 AM, Blogger Kimberly said…

    I also wanted to ask what you ended up doing with that jicama. I bought one and am looking for ideas. Was it good?

     
  • At 11:38 AM, Blogger Jen said…

    Thank you everyone for your kind words! You guys are awesome!

    I never did get to try the jicama. :-( I had left it on top of the stove and DH turned the oven on without paying attention. By the time I noticed it had developed a flat spot so I tossed it. I've been keeping an eye out for another...they're difficult to find around here!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home