Bust My Size

Join me on my journey to lose over 170 lbs. and become a healthier person.

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Why do I hate doctors? Let me count the ways...

Well I went to my PCP yesterday and in 5 minutes, without ordering any tests, he pronounced that I had a tumor and that "there was a chance that it wasn't cancerous." WTH??? Could he have worded that any worse? Understandably I was extremely upset all last night and this morning.

This afternoon I went to see a surgeon and he said it was not a tumor and it was very unlikely that it was cancerous. To be on the safe side, he has ordered an MRI which will be done Tuesday night and the follow up is Wednesday morning. He thinks these lumps are caused by calcium deposits from a leg injury. As you all can imagine, I really hope the surgeon's right.

4 Comments:

  • At 1:44 PM, Blogger A BLOG NOT HERE said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 1:46 PM, Blogger A BLOG NOT HERE said…

    Dearest Jen I know you're upset and worried and I don't blame you at all. Jen, I think the surgeon is right and my own personal opinion is that they ARE calcium deposits. Years ago I had one on my breast that looked like yours and the doctor examined it and said that it was a calcium deposit. Fat Bastard was there with me and he said, "Watch those hands, doc!" ;)

    I'll be following you closely and will talk to you again very soon.

    LOVE
    HUG
    FRIENDSHIP
    SUPPORT

     
  • At 8:49 PM, Blogger BarbaraMG said…

    You have permission to smack him!

     
  • At 9:36 AM, Blogger Jen said…

    Thanks guys! It really is unnerving to say the least. I just want to get this all behind me and continue my diet and exercise routine. I think I should smack myself for thinking that! LOL Who knew diet and exercise would become so important to me?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home