Bust My Size

Join me on my journey to lose over 170 lbs. and become a healthier person.

Friday, April 28, 2006

The Incredible Edible English Muffin

In the past I've always shied away from English Muffins. I thought of them as dry and tasting like old cornmeal. Recently, however, I discovered the Thomas' Light Multi-Grain ones which are pretty moist, taste good, and are only 100 calories each. I take one, toast it, divide 1 tablespoon of light margarine (50 calories) between the two halves and then sprinkle 1 teaspoon of cinnamon sugar (15 calories) over the two. It comes out kind of like cinnamon toast and it's quite good and fairly low-cal at 165 calories. Add a piece of fruit or some light yogurt for a whole breakfast.

These yummy little carb circles also make great low-cal pizza! I take two (200 calories), split them apart, and spread 1/2 cup spaghetti sauce (90 calories) over them. Top with 2 ounces of mozzarella (160 calories) and bake. Four mini cheese pizzas for 450 calories. Sometimes I sprinkle them with a little parmesan and add pineapple, ham, and/or pepperoni.

Yes, I am obsessed with food.

2 Comments:

  • At 12:00 PM, Blogger Lynn Dombrowski said…

    that pineapple pizza idea sounds great.

    Hmm pineapple-ly.

     
  • At 6:34 PM, Blogger A BLOG NOT HERE said…

    I LOVE Thomas' English Muffins - especially the sandwich size ones (of course) lol the taste is really one of a kind.

    I didn't know that they make a light version. Interesting.

    Your recipes sound delicious so I better hurry and finish this so I can get off this page because I'm getting hungry because like you, I'm obsessed with food too and I'm salivating here.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home