Bust My Size

Join me on my journey to lose over 170 lbs. and become a healthier person.

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Yummy Carbs

Even though I've been on this diet for two months, I still find that I think about food all the time. Lately I've been trying to focus that energy on finding new recipes to make. I've already made a few pasta salads with Mueller's Multi-Grain Rotini and they tasted great. I've also discovered that fresh spinach makes a great salad. Who knew?

Last night I made Peanut Noodle Salad. I left out the bell peppers (yuck!) and the dry-roasted peanuts (to lower the calories) and it was delicious! Of course I was the only person in the house to think so. :-) Based on the ingredients I used, the whole batch was 1520 calories. I weighed out half of it and that was my dinner. At 760 calories, it was a few more than my typical dinner. I usually have a big dinner of 600 - 700 calories as I find this really helps with the nighttime snacking. In retrospect I could have gone with 1/3 of the batch since it was very filling.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home