Bust My Size

Join me on my journey to lose over 170 lbs. and become a healthier person.

Monday, April 10, 2006

Okay...so now that you know more about me, it's time to get down to brass tacks. I've tried a few "fad diets" (I thought I was going to die after one day on Atkins!) but the diet that has always worked for me, as long as I stick to it, has been good ol' calorie counting and exercise. I'm starting out with 2000 calories a day and 30+ minutes of cardio 4-5 times a week. Those numbers will need a bit of tweaking, but I feel it's a good starting point.

I'm not avoiding any particular foods or food groups, just eating whatever I want and counting the calories in a food diary. When I hit 2000 I stop eating for the day. I'm trying to stick mainly to fresh and wholesome foods, but I will have the occasional can of soda or bowl of ice cream, I just weigh everything single thing to the gram and figure the calories accordingly.

The cardio is on either my exercise bike or treadmill. They both have heart rate based workout programs which I find very useful. The treadmill even has a wireless heart rate monitor chest strap that sends its signal to the console so I don't have to hang on to a pulse sensor. Pretty nifty, huh? I'm currently working out at 110 - 115 bpm and am looking to increase that in the near future. I had pneumonia in the beginning of the year so I don't want to overdo it right off the bat.

The only thing I'm missing now is strength training. I'm trying to figure out what I should do for that, so if anyone has any links to good sites please let me know!

6 Comments:

  • At 8:43 PM, Blogger Jen said…

    Wow! I just checked out that site and it looks great. Thanks Danielle!

     
  • At 12:44 PM, Blogger A BLOG NOT HERE said…

    Hi Jen :)

    That baby photo of you is ADORABLE!

    You already impressed me by saying that you were able to lose over 100 lbs. in your life and so I just KNOW that you will be able to do it again! Sounds like you're well on the way to doing so now what with your take-charge attitude and wanting to do everything right for yourself. :)

    Sorry to hear about your pneumonia and glad to hear that it is over.

    Strength training...does THIS link help? http://exercise.about.com/cs/weightlifting/a/bestexercises.htm

    Thanks for linking my blog to yours, hon. I'm gonna do the same thing with yours right after I leave here. See ya again soon!

     
  • At 12:48 PM, Blogger A BLOG NOT HERE said…

    Hi Danielle :)

    I think I'll look into your sparkpeople.com too.

    I never tried weight training in my life before.

    Thanks for posting it.

    Good luck to you on YOUR body reinvention! :)

     
  • At 12:50 PM, Blogger A BLOG NOT HERE said…

    Jen I forgot to tell you that I just LOVE your word play on the name of your blog. :)

     
  • At 6:35 PM, Blogger Jen said…

    Thank you, Fat Bitch! I just make mini-goals in 10 lb. increments and then it doesn't seem so daunting. Almost at 20 lbs. gone now! I'm modeling this diet just like my previous one and this time I will stick to it permanently. :-)

     
  • At 3:02 AM, Blogger Brianne said…

    I love your blog! (I found it from FAT BITCH's site)

    Have you ever tried Turbo Jam? I love it!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home